Thursday, September 20, 2012

Bad Luck in PA

This morning I woke up in Pennsylvania and dropped my retainer in the toilet.   These two ideas are unrelated, but both are true events that happened to me today enroute from NYC to Michigan. 

Dropping your retainer is never a good idea, but dropping it in a toilet is an especially not good idea.  I've dropped my tooth brush in the toilet before, but aside from having to reach in the toilet to get it out, it really wasn't that big of a deal.  Mainly because I then immediately dropped the toothbrush into the trashcan beside the toilet.

Toothbrushes are easy to come by, and about 3 or 4 bucks.  But retainers are like 3 or 4 hundred dollars, and require a special appointment with a special doctor in order to get a new one.  I won't be wearing my retainer tonight, but tomorrow, after much disinfecting, I will be sticking my toilet watered retainer back in my mouth.  Ewh!



No comments: