Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Instant Connection?

I posted a facebook status this evening I thought people would "like."  Perhaps it was the timing of post, or perhaps my facebook crowd didn't like my post.  Thus far nobody has "like"ed it, and I'm seriously considering taking it down.  I intended for it to be playful and informative, but I'm now wondering if I sounded snooty.

It involved the topic of instant connections, and how the guy I met last night insisted we had one.  He's not the first to have suggested something of sorts, but a connection isn't an instant connection unless people are experiencing it on the same level at the same time - right?  Don't get me wrong, it isn't uncommon for me to grow into a deeper connection with someone over time, but instant connections are few and far in between.

I've only experienced about a 1/2 dozen since the time I was 16.  More often than not, I fall for guys over time, while the ones I instantly connect to fall away before anything substantive forms. 

OutTakes
People describe me as friendly and kind, and random too (although random doesn't pertain to this matter.) But I'm an extrovert, woo is one of my top 5 strengths, and I have a "bad" habit of talking to strangers.




No comments: