Thursday, August 2, 2012

Raindrops of Eternity

Free Write from a couple of years ago with Mosaic's SHE Study Writing Group
Topic: Meaningful Moments

“Katrina, I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“No, you don’t understand.  I love you.  Seriously, I love you.”

The insistence accompanying the words, convinced me they were not flippantly being said.  And the sincerity in the speaker’s eyes further confirmed the words’ authenticity.

Now, I hate to break the news - this wasn’t some sort of romantic encounter.  This was after campfire, over 10 years ago at Spring Hill Camps, where I was working with high school girls. 

A gal named Jenni spoke the words.  Her time at camp had been particularly meaningful as God had been doing a lot in her heart and in her life.  It just so happened that God allowed me the opportunity to come alongside of her during her two week stay.

Honestly, I can’t remember a lot of the details.  Jenni and I lost touch years ago and I haven’t been able to find her on myspace or facebook, yet her words remain with me.  I think because her words made me realize our ability to influence, and to encourage, and to make difference in someone’s life, is far more reaching and powerful and impacting than we could ever dream or imagine.  And so, though our time may be short with some, we still have the opportunity to sprinkle rain drops of eternity on those who desperately need refreshing – drops of faith, hope, and love.

No comments: