Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I Win - Again!

Tonight my fate was decided by an 8 year old drawing from a fishbowl containing nearly 500 pieces of paper.  And as fate, or perhaps God, might have it, the kid drew the piece of paper containing my name on it.  And so I win - AGAIN.

Granted, it wasn't tickets to the Super Bowl (like I won two years ago), but a $50 gift card to Starbucks isn't too shabby of a prize.

This type of favor or "wining" seems to happen in my life more often than it ought.  In fact, going into the drawing, I told myself, tonight isn't your night to win anything.  You've already had too much working in your favor over the past several years.  Someone else ought to win the prize - someone who hasn't had as much "luck" in life.  After all, why should I get all the good stuff?  Why should I get all the extra favor - like winning tickets to the Super Bowl, living in a house with a pool, spa, and tennis courts, only to be recruited out of my backyard for a job in NYC that comes with free housing in midtown only to run into my crush in Central Park and end up at a Black Eyed Peas concerts with him, because he happens to have an extra ticket and... well, you get the point. 

It's true.  I've had a lot working in my favor in life.  But then again, I've also had a lot of crap, so perhaps God is helping to compensate; I'm not sure. 

I don't care to overspiritualize winning a gift card to Starbucks, but I will share, what I learned tonight, is that I should continue to be expectant of God's working and provision in my life.

I'm at a conference at Taylor University this week, and one of the speakers made the statement, "God will not under resource you for what he is calling you to do..."

And so as I enter a season of writing, and financial uncertainty, I trust that God will continue to pave the way.

No comments: