Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

Saturday evening, rather than heading out for another epic Hollyween party, I packed my bags and tweeted.

"off to penn station - booking it out of this city before hurricane sandy hits - see you soon LA!"

I had initially booked a flight for a Tuesday afternoon departure, but after my mother caught wind of Hurricane Sandy and she passed her concern onto me, I considered it might be a good idea to look into an ealier flight.

And so Friday evening, I called US airways,

(watching the weather on television has always been my mother's favorite...)

But when I boarded my plane Sunday morning I didn't consider my storage unit Chelsea, and the fact that it's underground....

Nor did I consider my car might be swept away from where I parked it in Queens. 


No comments: