Monday, April 23, 2012

Back to the Bowery

Tonight my roomie and I headed down to Soho to hear a band called Michael Mames and the Branches play at a venue called the Bowery.  My family friend Gordon Pennington insisted that we go, and so we did; however, although I respect the ambition of the group, their music might need more time to develop.  In writer terminology, they are still trying to find their "voice."  I rank the group a 3 star out of 5. 

And then we returned home for late night entertainment with a Hollywood actor (also a friend of Gordon's).  Although, I think I am the one who did most of the entertaining.  He laughed politely at my jokes, but it's hard to know for certain whether or not he found them to be funny.

His name is David Oyelowo and we talked about traffic in Lagos, Nigeria, the time I almost ended up at Michael Bayes home in Miami, the definitions of fling, as well as one's understanding of hooking up.  And we chatted about his family - 4 kids. 

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0654648/



No comments: