Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Fatima

Today I finished rereading The Alchemist.  I didn't actually finish the book with my first attempt.  Some hot guy I was somewhat dating some time ago would occasionally read a chapter aloud when we'd hang out.  However, I found it difficult to pay attention to the text, when his hotness was beside me.  Distracted by him, I couldn't follow the story.

I intended to eventually reread the book on my own but then my copy of The Alchemist got drowned by Hurricane Sandy.  But I picked up another copy a week ago, and I'm so glad I did.  Because this time in reading EVERYTHING about the text made sense and applies to right where I am.

More tomorrow on The Alchemist, but today my facebook status reads:

since i couldn't go to the pyramids today, i ventured to the egyptian section in the MET. and there i finished reading The Alchemist. if my name was fatima, my oasis would be new york city. however, like santiago i ALSO have a personal legend worth the living.

No comments: