Sunday, December 23, 2012

The NonGirlfriend

Tonight, once again, I played the role of the nongirlfriend.  This is two Christmas holidays in a row, where I've ended up back home - someone else's home - chatting with some guy's parents and sweet,  old grandma.

Both guys - just friends, yet I feel like I'm some sort of fill in for what should be played by a girlfriend.  It's okay though; I'm a decent actress and I can hold a conversation with nearly anybody.  And for the most part, I really do enjoy participating.

And the reverse is true.  Over the summer I had a couple of nonboyfriends make their rounds at my family's lake home.  My Aunt Mary inquired about one, "What's wrong with him?"  He was the second one I had brought home within 2 weeks and she wanted to know why I wasn't dating either one of them.

Again, just friends.  I have about a half dozen single, guy friends where it's kind of just like that...

However, I'll admit, it's odd to have some of these experiences involving family with guys that are just friends - especially now that I'm in my mid-thirties.  Because these types of moments are seemingly reserved for the boyfriend.  But since I don't have one of those; I'll continue to play the role of nongirlfriend. 







  




No comments: