Sunday, December 16, 2012

Shooting Stars

Thursday evening, shortly after checking in to my PA hotel, I tweeted, "shooting stars - lots of them. no wishes made. a happy heart driving through PA. is THIS really happening? grateful and amazed by God."

It's still unknown if THIS job opportunity is a go. But as I wrote a friend today, "the crazy thing is, this job would have a lot of down time where I'd just need to be around. Those that interviewed me were thilled to learn I'm a writer and would have something else to do to keep me happily occupied. From what I've experienced in the hiring process thus far, I sense God's favor in opening the doors."

I'll be okay if it's a no, yet I'm hopeful the momentum will continue until it is a go.

Friday I continued my drive back Michigan. I had flown one way to LGA the previous Saturday and was driving a U-Haul back for a family friend who had recently transferred over his NYC apartment lease to an author named Eric M.

My family friend needed a large load driven back to my birth town of Owosso, Michigan. I signed up for the truck driving venture so my travel expenses out to the city for my job interview would be covered.

Less that two hours shy of my Friday night destination, I stopped in Ann Arbor to join my brother and parents for my brother's 37th birthday dinner. By then we had all received word of the Connecticut shooting. 

Tonight (Sunday), Obama spoke to the grieving community, and in doing so quoted the following Scripture:

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardl we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

AND

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”  Matthew 19:13-15

No comments: