Saturday, December 11, 2010

I Win!

I win!

But only because someone else lost.

Life is often like that - not always, but typically when there is a winner, there is also a loser.

You can only sing "We are the champions..."

When someone else is singing "You better know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run."

Actually, I've never heard anyone sing that song after a loss, but there is no, "We are the Losers" song that I could think of so the above is my best attempt. People don't tend to sing at all when they lose - unless it involves losing your guy or girl to another someone - and well, there are plenty of songs on the radio about that type of loss.

But in general, if someone loses, it's more likely that there is either cussing or silence or, if you're a junior high girl that just got cut from a sports team - crying. I use to make a lot of junior high girls cry when I coached cheerleading. The end of tryouts week was never fun for me. Track was much better sport to coach, because everyone automatically made the team. Everyone who came out for the team was winner - well, that is, until we started having a track meets against other teams.



But today I won -

$17 dollars to be exact.

I found a soggy 10, 5, and 2 ones when I opened the washing machine to remove my cleaned clothes.

There's a slight possibility that it was my money to begin with, but I don't think so - I'm pretty sure I checked the pockets of 1 pair of jeans that was in the load before I threw them in. I've washed one too many chapsticks in my life that I try to make a point to check.

Which reminds me of a proposal that a guy I know once wanted to use (he's already married, so this won't spoil it...) And if you're a guy, feel free to use it - but honestly I wouldn't recommend it. It was about 4 girlfriends ago, that my

(To be finished...)

And I would give it back to the rightful owner, except there is no way to track that person down

No comments: