Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Wrong Script - Again

For the second time, within less than a week, the script was all wrong. But this time, rather than being annoyed by the plot, I embraced it.

I feel I played my role decently well - which is great, especially considering I almost dropped the part altogether. I was hesitant to accept the invitation because, from my standpoint, the script seemed a bit odd and I thought I would feel awkward trying to enter the story.

But regardless, I agreed to move forward with the act - and I'm glad I did. Because in the end, I thought the script was rather clever - and funny. In fact, just thinking about it makes me smile.

I apologize for the vague and mysterious nature of this post. Sometimes life requires a bit of a time lapse before it allows you to write freely about its events - this would be one of those instances.

But I don't want to leave you with ambiguity, so instead, I'll leave you with a statistic - one that probably isn't factual:

The ratio of men to women in New York City is 1:7.

I learned this "statistic" at my small group Bible study this evening. And if this is true, then New York is a seemingly terrible place for me to live as a single woman in her early thirties.

I did some research research and discovered that Cha Cha almost agrees with this statistic, but not quite.

Cha Cha says, "The Ratio of women to men in New York City is about 6:1. The odds are better at single's with 6:3."

Ah yes, much better. Thanks Cha Cha.
So you're saying there's a chance?

Personally, I think there is more than a chance.

No comments: