Thursday, February 21, 2013

Shake It Up

As we parted ways a week ago Friday, my second hottest guy friend asked me if I wanted to be in a film.  I said maybe.  He continued on to say something about the Harlem Shake.

I asked, "What is it?"  I assumed it had something to do with New York City.  I've been up to Harlem, just north of Central Park, at least a dozen times.  Maybe it was another burger place - like Shake Shack, but not.   

"Google it." My second hottest guy friend instructed me.  But I didn't.  And I opted out of filming to go hiking with friends. 

But my second hottest guy friend's short film soon showed up in my facebook newsfeed and so I took a peak.  And so I was exposed to this 30 second dance craze - the Harlem Shake 

To be honest, I didn't get it, but a couple more videos popped up in my newsfeed and I begin to pick up on the trend, so at least I understood what was happening on Tuesday when another friend of mine "tricked" me into participating in the Harlem Shake on a whim.

My friend Colin told me he'd like to see this electronic music show in Hollywood, so after I meet up with another friend at The Spice Table in Little Tokyo, I take the Red Line up to meet him at Dillons for a drink before we head to "the show."  He mentions something about wanting to get there early for some film.  I'm thinking we're going early for a film screening, but when we get to the venue, Colin pulls out a Sundae custome for me, and says, "Here, put this on."  Suddenly, I am made aware of what is going on.



And THIS is the pandemonium we created at the club:  Harlem Shake in Hollywood




No comments: