Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Little??? I claim BIG

This evening I went for a run along the Hudson River and as I ran, Katy Perry's firework song came on... and it made me ponder, what is now my facebook status:

this "little" light of mine seems like bad teaching, turned into self-fulfilled prophecy... i propose katy perry's song for sunday school - much more appropriate for the grandness God has in mind for our lives: cause baby you're a firework - come on show them what you're worth... boom, boom, boom, even brighter than the moon, moon, moon...

It's no wonder so many followers of Christ live little lives.  We are brainwashed at an early age that our lights are little - rather than what Jesus told his disciples - YOU are the light of the WORLD. 

Although Jesus is the ultimate source of light and life, we, when filled by the Spirit, have the potential to be hugely illuminating, bringing much light to the brokenness and darkness in the world.

My light is bigger than the little we sang about in Sunday school.

No comments: