Sunday, July 3, 2011

Urth Caffe

Sunday nights after church I often find myself eating a late night meal with friends, or in some instances - as was the case last week - complete strangers.

http://www.urthcaffe.com/

The downtown location -
451 South Hewitt Street, on Hewitt and 5th, in the Arts District of Downtown Los Angeles.
That was last week.

Tonight we ventured to LA Cafe located on Spring Street, between 6th and 7th.

http://www.thelacafe.com/

I couldn't find parking nearby so I drove several blocks away until I found a metered spot (free on Sunday nights!) - right beside the sidewalk where one man was sleeping in a cardboard box and several others were setting up tents for the night.

I debated back and forth as to whether or not to drive on to another location, or to just suck it up and pay the $10 to park in a lot closer to the restuarant.

After some deliberation, I got out and quickly started towards the restaruant, doing my best to not to gag on the smell of urine that pervaded the streets leading up to Spring Street.


Two weeks ago: The Yardhouse at LA Live Staples Center
Three weeks ago: A Sushi spot in Little Tokyo

No comments: